Turkey Bacon Wrap
48 Turkey Bacon Wrap
1 hour 5 minutes
Classic turkey bacon wrap recipe with whole grain tortilla developed by the California
Culinary Centers for school food service and menu planning.
This recipe yields 48–9 ounce turkey bacon wraps.
Ingredients list includes measure by weight or volume. Choose one measure, either weight or volume, for the ingredient. Weight is listed first in bold.
6 pounds and 6 ounces or 192 slices (.5 ounces each slice) frozen turkey ham, water added, fully cooked (U.S. Department of Agriculture [USDA] food item)
2 pounds or 168 slices (.20 ounces each slice) turkey bacon, slices, precooked
6 pounds or 20 medium fresh tomatoes, medium, sliced
48–2 ounce, 10 inch, whole grain-rich tortillas (USDA food item)
6 pounds and 4 ounces or 3 gallons and 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped, ready to use
To Assemble Wrap
1. Thaw turkey ham and turkey bacon in refrigerator 24 hours in advance. Critical Control Point (CCP): Thaw turkey ham and turkey bacon at 41°F or lower.
2. Slice turkey ham into 0.5 ounce slices, approximately 192 slices.
3. Place tortillas on flat surface. Portion four slices (0.5 ounce each) turkey ham onto wrap.
4. Add 3 slices (0.2 ounces each) of turkey bacon.
5. Top with 1 cup of chopped lettuce.
6. Top with ¼ cup of ⅛ inch tomato slices.
To Roll Wrap
1. With the sides folded in, use your thumbs to bring up the bottom of the tortilla.
2. Tuck in the ends while bringing up the bottom flap. Bring up the bottom of the tortilla and pull it tightly. Roll the bottom of the tortilla tightly.
3. From here on out you will be rolling up the tortilla as tightly as you can, squeezing the roll back towards you as you go.
4. Press and crease the end of the tortilla as you finish rolling it up.
5. Cover and refrigerate until use. CCP: Refrigerate and reduce temperature from 70°F to 41°F or colder within four hours. Note: For best quality use within 24 hours./li>
Calories, in K calories: 270
Carbohydrates, in grams: 31.50
Protein, in grams: 19
Saturated fat, in grams: 2
Trans fat, in grams: 0
Total fat, in grams: 8
Sodium, in milligrams: 723