Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad
50 Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad
1 hour 5 minutes
Roasted broccoli and tomatoes are mixed in with cooked rotini and tossed with a garlic lemon dressing. This salad is garnished with fresh cilantro and Parmesan cheese and served chilled.
Rotini, cooked, frozen, WG pasta 6 pounds
Grape Tomato 5.5 pounds
Cilantro, fresh, chopped 1.5 bunches
Broccoli buds, fresh 4.75 pounds
Olive oil 1 cup
Lemon juice, fresh squeezed 3 tablespoons
Garlic, granulated 1 tablespoon
Salt 1 tablespoon
Parmesan cheese, shredded 3 cups
1. Rinse cilantro and grape tomatoes in a colander. Allow excess water to drain off.
2. Place frozen pasta in a large colander, run hot water through pasta for 45 seconds while tossing gently. Allow excess water to drain off.
3. Place pasta in a large mixing bowl. Toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and reserve in mixing bowl. Reserve remaining oil.
4. Rough chop cilantro and cut broccoli buds into bite sizes. Reserve cilantro.
5. In a large mixing bowl combine reserved olive oil, lemon juice, granulated garlic and salt.
6. Add grape tomatoes and broccoli buds to mixing bowl with seasoning ingredients and tossed together until vegetables are evenly coated.
7. Spread vegetables in a single layer over a bun pan lined with parchment paper.
Cooking Instructions and Chill Instructions
1. In a preheated convection oven, roast vegetables at 400°F for 4 minutes or until slightly browned, yet still firm and bright in color.
2. Place vegetables in a freezer for 7-10 minutes or in a walk-refrigerator for 20 minutes to cool down and preserve its bright colors and texture.
1. Transfer roasted vegetables into large bowl with reserved pasta; add lemon juice, chopped cilantro and parmesan cheese. Gently toss until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.