Thai Chicken Wrap
48 Thai Chicken Wrap
1 hour 5 minutes
Simple Thai chicken wrap recipe with fresh vegetables paired with mint, basil, and
cilantro developed by the California Culinary Centers for school food service and menu planning.
This recipe yields 50 Thai chicken wraps: one 8 inch tortilla wrap filled with ¾ cup of Thai chicken and vegetables.
Ingredients list includes measure by weight or volume. Choose one measure, either weight or volume, for the ingredient. Weight is listed first in bold.
10 pounds frozen, fully-cooked, chicken fajita strips (U.S. Department of
Agriculture [USDA] food item)
½ cup vegetable oil (USDA food item)
¼ cup fresh ready-to-use garlic, minced
2 ounces as purchased (AP) fresh whole ginger
2½ pounds fresh whole green beans
2 cups water
2½ pounds fresh cucumbers
1 pound AP fresh green onions
1 cup honey
1 pound AP fresh whole green cabbage
1 pound AP fresh whole carrots
2 bunches AP fresh cilantro
2½ bunches AP fresh basil
½ bunch AP fresh mint
1½ pounds AP fresh limes
1 cup sesame seeds
1 cup chili sauce
50–1.5 ounce, 8 inch, whole grain-rich tortillas (USDA food item)
2 cups water
To Prepare Thai Chicken Mixture
1. Thaw fajita chicken strips in refrigerator at 41°F or lower. Critical Control Point (CCP): Thaw chicken strips in refrigerator at 41°F or lower.
2. Preheat convection oven to 375°F.
3. Pour chicken into one–18 inch by 26 inch by 6 inch pan. Heat chicken for 30 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165°F. CCP: Heat chicken until internal temperature reaches 165°F or higher
4. Place oil in large sauté pan or tilt skillet. Set aside garlic
5. Rinse ginger under cool running water, peel and grate ginger to measure ¼ cup
6. Heat oil in pan or skillet; sauté garlic and ginger until lightly brown. Add water to pan
7. Rinse green beans, cucumbers, cabbage, green onions, carrots, cilantro, basil, and mint under cool running water.
8. Trim green beans, cucumbers, cabbage, green onions, carrots, cilantro, basil, and mint.
9.Chop green beans to measure 2 quarts and 3 cups.
10. Add green beans to pan with water, garlic, and ginger. Let simmer for 20 minutes. Drain.
11. Add beans to heated chicken and stir for one minute.
12. Thinly slice cucumbers to measure 1 quart and 2 cups
13. Chop green onions to measure 1 quart.
14. Shred cabbage to measure 1 quart and 3 cups.
15. Shred carrots to measure 1 quart.
16. Chop cilantro to measure 1 cup.
17. Chop basil to measure 1 cup
18. Chop mint to measure 1 cup
19. Toss together cucumbers, cabbage, green onions, carrots, cilantro, basil, and mint in large bowl.
20. Cut in half and squeeze limes to measure 1 cup juice.
21. Combine chicken and bean mixture with vegetables. Add lime juice, sesame seeds, and chili sauce. Mix well.
To Assemble Wrap
1. Warm tortillas 20 minutes before start of assembly.
2. Set up production line for assembly of wraps.
3. Lay tortillas on flat surface to assemble.
4. Lay tortillas on flat surface to assemble.
5. Wrap tortilla burrito style. Place in refrigerator and serve within 2 hours after removing from refrigerator. CCP: Hold in refrigerator at 41°F or lower
6. Serve 1 wrap (¾ cup Thai chicken mixture in one–8 inch tortilla) for each serving
Calories, in K calories: 172.40
Carbohydrates, in grams: 8.03
Protein, in grams: 15.34
Saturated fat, in grams: 2.21
Trans fat, in grams: 0
Total fat, in grams: 9.68
Sodium, in milligrams: 315.10