50 Fiesta Burrito
This recipe yields 48–4.75 ounce fiesta burritos.
The fiesta burrito recipe is a colorful vegetarian option developed by the California CulinaryCenters for school food service menu planning.
Ingredients list includes measure by weight or volume. Choose one measure, either weight or volume, for the ingredient. Weight is listed first in bold.
7 pounds and 8 ounces or 48 whole grain-rich flour tortillas, 10 inch round, 2.5 ounces each
2 number 10 cans black beans (U.S. Department of Agriculture [USDA] food item)
3 pounds and 1 ounce as purchased (AP) fresh romaine lettuce
6 pounds or 24 cups low moisture, part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (USDA food item)
6 pounds and 6 ounces AP fresh whole tomatoes
To Prepare Rice One Day in Advance
1. Remove tortillas from freezer to thaw. Hold in warmer.
To Prepare Filling
2. Preheat conventional oven to 375°F or convection oven to 350°F.
3. . Rinse and drain black beans in colander. Place beans in one–12 inch by 12 inch by 4 inch steam table pan. Heat beans in oven for approximately 12 to 15 minutes. Critical Control Point (CCP): Heat beans to at least 135°F for 15 seconds. Hold in warmer at 135°F or higher for assembly.
4. Rinse, trim and drain lettuce in colander. Slice lettuce into about 1 inch strips. Place lettuce in one–12 inch by 12 inch by 4 inch pan. Hold in refrigerator for assembly. CCP: Hold at 41°F or lower for service.
5. Rinse and trim stem end from tomatoes. Chop tomatoes into ¼ inch pieces. Place in one–12 inch by 20 inch by 4 inch steam table pan. Hold in refrigerator for assembly. CCP: Hold at 41°F or lower for service.
6. Place shredded cheese in one–12 inch by 20 inch by 4 inch steam table pan. Hold in refrigerator for assembly. CCP: Hold at 41°F or lower for service.
7. Remove warm tortillas and beans from warmer.
8. Place pans of ingredients in order of assembly: tortillas, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese.
9. Place tortillas on one–20¾ inch by 12¾ inch by 1 inch sheet pan. Scoop ¼ cup or one number 16 scoop beans onto tortilla. Spread ¾ of the length of the tortilla.
10. Top beans evenly with ½ cup or one number 8 scoop shredded cheese
11. Top cheese with ½ cup or one number 8 scoop lettuce.
12. Top lettuce with ¼ cup or one number 16 scoop chopped tomatoes.
13. Fold into a burrito.
14. Portion 1–4.75 ounce burrito each immediately for serving.
Calories, in K calories: 381.00
Carbohydrates, in grams: 40.62
Protein, in grams: 20.95
Saturated fat, in grams: 7.10
Trans fat, in grams: 0
Total fat, in grams: 12.81
Sodium, in milligrams: 502.04