Curried Chicken Quinoa Salad Wrap
48 Curried Chicken Quinoa Salad Wrap
1 hour 5 minutes
Curried chicken quinoa salad wrap recipe with Indian curry spices and dried cranberries developed by the California Culinary Centers for school food service and menu planning.
This recipe yields 55 curried chicken quinoa salad wraps: one–10 inch tortilla wrap filled with 1 cup of curried chicken quinoa mixture and ½ cup romaine lettuce.
Ingredients list includes measure by weight or volume. Choose one measure, either weight or volume, for the ingredient. Weight is listed first in bold.
5 pounds frozen fully-cooked chicken, diced (U.S. Department of Agriculture
[USDA] food item)
3 pounds or 2 quarts dry quinoa
1 gallon water
1 pound and 8 ounces or 1 quart and 1⅝ cups fresh green onions
2 pounds and 12 ounces or 1 gallon, 2 quarts, and ⅜ cup fresh ready-to-use
2 pounds or 1 quart and 3 cups dried cranberries (USDA food item)
6 pounds or 3 quarts plain low-fat yogurt
1¼ cups curry powder
1 cup honey
1 cup dijon mustard
¼ cup kosher salt
55–2 ounce, 10 inch, whole grain-rich tortillas (USDA food item)
2 pounds and 4 ounces or 1 gallon and 3 quarts ready-to-use romaine lettuce, chopped
To Prepare in Advance
1. TThaw chicken one to two days in advanced in refrigerator. Critical Control Point (CCP): Thaw in refrigerator at 41°F or lower.
To Prepare Quinoa Salad
1. Rinse quinoa under running water using fine basket colander
2. Bring water to boil in a large pot. Add quinoa.
3. Reduce heat to low. Cover with lid. Simmer for 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
4. Spread cooked quinoa on two parchment lined 18 inch by 26 inch by 2 inch sheet pans
5. Allow quinoa to dry about 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Combine yogurt, curry powder, dijon mustard, and honey in a large mixing bowl.
7. Rinse green onions under cool running water. Trim and chop green onions.
8. Add green onions, celery, and cranberries to yogurt mixture.
9. Add diced chicken to the mixture
10. Add quinoa to mixture. Cover and chill overnight in refrigerator. CCP: Hold in refrigerator at 41°F or lower.
To Assemble Wrap
1. Place tortillas on flat surface.
2. Place 1 cup quinoa mixture across center of each tortilla in brick shape. Allow room on the edges to fold tortilla.
3. Add ½ cup chopped romaine lettuce on top of quinoa mixture.
4. Wrap tortilla burrito-style.< /li>
5. Serve same day, one burrito for each serving. Hold in refrigerator until service. CCP: Hold in refrigerator at 41°F or lower.< /li>
Calories, in K calories: 468
Carbohydrates, in grams: 74.50
Protein, in grams: 28
Saturated fat, in grams: 8
Trans fat, in grams: 0
Total fat, in grams: 8
Sodium, in milligrams: 795