Buffalo Chicken Wrap
48 Buffalo Chicken Wrap
1 hour 5 minutes
American classic spicy buffalo chicken wrapped with coleslaw in a whole grain-rich
tortilla developed by the California Culinary Centers for school food service menu planning.
This recipe yields 50–7½ ounce wraps.
Ingredients list includes measure by weight or volume. Choose one measure, either weight or volume, for the ingredient. Weight is listed first in bold.
6 pounds and 4 ounces frozen fully-cooked chicken, diced (U.S. Department of Agriculture [USDA] food item)
1 quart apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons ready-to-use minced garlic
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
2 tablespoon ginger, ground
⅜ cup cayenne pepper
1¼ cups curry powder
1 tablespoon table salt
½ cup vegetable oil (USDA food item)
5 pounds and 8 ounces fresh ready-to-use coleslaw mix
1 quart ranch buttermilk dressing
50–10 inch (2 ounces) whole grain-rich tortillas (USDA food item)
To Prepare in Advance
1. Thaw chicken in refrigerator 1 to 2 days in advance. Critical Control Point (CCP): Thaw chicken in refrigerator at 41°F or lower.
To Prepare Buffalo Sauce
1. Whisk apple cider vinegar, lime juice, garlic, pepper, ginger, cayenne, salt, and oil in large mixing bowl or 12 inch by 20 inch by 4 inch pan to make “buffalo sauce”.
2. Add chicken to buffalo sauce; mix well until coated. Soak overnight in refrigerator, if possible, for increased flavor. CCP: Hold chicken in refrigerator at 41°F or lower.
To Prepare Wraps
1. Place tortillas in warmer to soften
2. Place coleslaw mix in separate mixing bowl; add buttermilk ranch dressing and mix well.
3. Portion ⅜ cup or one number 10 scoop chicken, a 2 ounce serving, onto each tortilla.
4. Top chicken with ½ cup or one number 8 scoop coleslaw mix< /li>
5. Tuck in sides of tortilla and roll up from bottom, snack-wrap style.
6. Wrap in foil paper or deli paper. Secure with sticker, if needed. CCP: Hold in refrigerator at 41°F or lower for service.
7. Serve one wrap for each serving.
Calories, in K calories: 425.00
Carbohydrates, in grams: 33
Protein, in grams: 22
Saturated fat, in grams: 4
Trans fat, in grams: 0
Total fat, in grams: 23
Sodium, in milligrams: 514