BBQ Rice Bowl
1 hour and 50 minutes
100 BBQ Rice Bowl
2 hours 20 minutes
This savory, sweet BBQ dish is really tasty with pinto beans and shredded pork served over roasted corn and pineapple rice.
Ingredients list includes measure by weight or volume. Choose one measure, either weight or volume, for the ingredient. Weight is listed first in bold.
BBQ pulled pork (Serving is 3 oz. – 2 m/ma) 18⅜ pound
Pineapple Corn Rice 100 cups
Veggie Pinto Bean 25 cups
BBQ sauce 6 cups
Cilantro, chopped 6 cups
Scallions, chopped 3 cup
To Prepare Rice One Day in Advance
1.Thaw BBQ pulled pork 2 days prior to service.
2. Prepare the Pineapple Corn Rice per prep recipe. NOTE: See Pineapple Corn Rice recipe
3. Prepare the Veggie Pinto Beans per the prep recipe. NOTE: See Veggie Pinto Beans recipe.
4. Place pork into 4-inch hotel pan.
5. Cover with foil and heat in oven at 350° F for 20 to 27 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 155° F for 15 seconds.
6. NOTE: stir midway through cooking. Hold hot for assembly.
1. Portion 1 cup of the Pineapple Corn Rice in the bottom of the bowl. Top with ¼ cup the Veggie Pinto Beans and 3 ounces of BBQ pulled pork.
2. Garnish with a drizzle of BBQ sauce, chopped cilantro and chopped scallions