About Our Company
With 20+ years of experience and tens of thousands of child nutrition professionals trained and certified, we are one of the most reputable, responsible and effective USDA Professional Standards providers of food safety education to the K-12 food service industry in the United States.
Our USDA Professional Standards for education and certification programs are designed specifically for the K-12 food service industry. Our aim is to develop a program that addresses the unique needs of a school food service environment while ensuring compliance with the highest food safety standards and latest regulations from the USDA professional standards and local health departments.
Our goal is to provide excellence and safety in the operation by providing superior food safety certification training that is targeted to the K-12 food service industry.
We will assure you that our quality certification programs and safety food education are simple and user friendly.
We have developed customization “done for you” packages in both English and Spanish to fit the training needs of child nutrition professionals at every staff level.
Meet Our Team
Co-Founder and CEO with 24 years in the cleaning and sanitation industry and 12 years working exclusively with school nutrition departments. Bart has served at the board level with the School Nutrition Association of Arizona (formerly the Arizona School Foodservice Association). He was contracted by the Arizona Department to perform Food Safety Seminars as well as HACCP certified by the National Environmental Health Association as a trainer. Bart speaks on a wide variety of professional and personal growth topics all across the USA.
Co-Founder and COO with over 12 years of experience in the food service and hospitality industry. West is also the General Manager of the successful K-12 education and sanitation company, Southwest Training Systems. He was part of the team since June 2007 and took over the role of General Manager in January 2013. He attended the University of Arizona and is an approved instructor for the U.S.D.A. “Serving It Safe” program and over the past 8 years has helped hundreds of people obtain their manager and food handler certifications.
Gina Kostis, RD:
A Registered Dietitian with more then 10 years experience in the school food and nutrition industry. She is a past SNA state president for the state of Arizona and has made school nutrition her passion in life. Gina comes to us with a vast knowledge of food safety and nutrition.
Administrative Coordinator with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from St Mary’s College of California. With 9 years of management experience in the health care field, she comes to us with vast knowledge and training in OSHA Compliance as well as customer service.
Our approach to K-12 food safety education is unrivaled.
- Our staff have a deep understanding of the K-12 food service industry and it’s unique regulatory environment, along with demonstrated knowledge of food safety principles and a solid instructional background.
- Classes are available on-line for individuals and on-site classes can be arranged for small groups. This guarantees a top quality, high retention learning experience for every participant and attendee.
- All curriculum have been specifically designed based on best practices and teaching models developed over 20 years of working within the K-12 food service market.
- Our team stands ready to assist you or your staff along every step of the food handler certification process.
Our Oversight Committee:
These individuals were selected to help ensure the courses and trainings that you receive are of the highest quality and accurate in content and message. These individuals are individuals from multiple different geographical locations, positions and occupations. We believe this to be an important piece in developing a comprehensive training program.
Members of the committee are:
- Richard Hall – Food Services & Nutrition Supervisor
- Sabrina Kvavle – Area Supervisor & Training Coordinator
- Audri Knutson – Nutrition Supervisor
- Dr. Cherlin Johnson, MD – CEO and Founder – Exer More Than Urgent Care
- Angela Haney – Food Service Director