Frequently Asked Questions
Get more information about School Food Handler’s USDA professional standards training program and what’s in the online school food handler training course.
Q: How do you structure your pricing?
A: Our service is an annual subscription that is calculated based on the number of food service sites in your school or district. This annual fee provides full access to our complete course library, reporting and the Professional Standards management system.
Q: Is there a fee to have a School Food Handler representative train us on the system?
A: Never. We are 100% committed to your success and satisfaction with the implementation of our USDA Professional Standards program
Q: Not all of my employees are comfortable with computers or getting online. What can I do to help them?
A: School Food Handler is a simple, user-friendly program that even the most novice computer user will find easy to navigate. In addition, you can also use School Food Handler lessons in a group setting, and then give each individual in attendance credit in the system after the training is completed.
Q: If I start to take a course and then need to leave, do I have to start over when I log back in?
A: Absolutely not. If an individual starts a course and is interrupted, they can log back on from anywhere using a computer, tablet or smart phone and they will be able to go back to the course where they stopped. You don’t have to worry about losing your work.
Q: We have policies that we’ve developed specifically for our district. Is there any way to get those materials into the School Food Handler Program system?
A: Yes! We can upload your district specific policies into your School Food Handler Bulletin Board. Once loaded, you can assign them to staff and track completion along with your routine training.
Q: What happens if we sign up, and then decide to end our subscription – will we be able to get our training data?
A: Absolutely. The training data is yours and can be exported it at any time.
Q: How do I know your content is reliable?
A: We take great pride in the quality of our lesson content. It is 100% school nutrition focused, and it has been written by leading USDA professional standards of school nutrition and food safety authorities. It is reliable, real world tested, and instantly applicable in a school nutrition environment.
Q: Do the reports show who has completed courses and the their cumulative training time at any given time?
A: Everything in the School Food Handler system is accumulated in real time. Reports are offered in two formats – .PDF and Excel Spreadsheet. Excel reports can be easily manipulated so you can see exactly what you need at any given moment in time. Both reporting formats will reflect the most current data available. This feature makes compliance with USDA Professional Standards and state reviews a breeze for you and your administrative staff.
What are the System Requirements?
- Hardware – Either a Personal Computer (PC), Macintosh, smart phone or tablet with internet access.
- An E-mail Account – If you do not have an email account you can setup a free account on Google in less than 5 minutes.
- Internet Connectivity – A high speed internet connection via Wi-Fi or LTE is recommended for best quality viewing.
- Web Browser: You can use any of the following browsers and the indicated version.
- Google Chrome Browser (recommended) – Click here to download for free.
- Mozilla Firefox Browser (recommended) – Click here to download for free.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
- Adobe Flash Player – The latest version of Adobe Flash Player can be downloaded for free by clicking here.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader – Click here to download the latest version for free.
- Speakers for the online course’s audio are optional but recommended.